Just to put it out there – I am a bit of a Francophile and I believe in most things woo-woo. Even so, I was a bit taken aback when a moment of great clarity was brought to me via my Oui yogurt top.. Joie de vivre, the joy of living.
With all that is going on right now – stress and the scare surrounding Covid-19, the constant media bombardment, all of our communal uncertainty.. I am just happy to be living. I do my best to push past the fears of the day and be at peace as much as I possibly can because we still are here.. and that’s a wonderful thing. We only have so much control.
I have been keeping up with my meditations and since I work at what is considered an “essential” manufacturing plant, I have been lucky to keep my paycheck going. Because of this, I also haven’t experienced extreme isolation.. plus we will be having social distance dinner with our lovely neighbor friend this evening. There is still joy to be found and I count myself quite lucky. Even in the midst of this chaos, we can hopefully all find something to hold us up.. my yogurt label told me so.
- still working and am donating in smaller ways what I can from the distance because there is always a need
- all the beautiful souls in life who support and connect so we don’t feel alone
- more quiet time at home with the best husband ever and the fat cats
- my stash of hot teas that get me through the day
- grumpy cat slippers to warm my constantly cold feet.. although I almost wore them to work again this morning
- the reminder that it’s okay to slow down, I am trying to appreciate what beauty that can be found in the now
- all of the amazing people helping the collective maintain and provide necessities- gas stations, grocery employees, restaurants providing options where they can, medical staff, etc.. all working themselves to exhaustion. Where would we without these heroes?